Monarch Community Bank is committed to protecting your data; however, we cannot do it without your help. Please follow the guidelines below to help protect you and your accounts. This information in not limited to keeping your Monarch Community Bank Online Banking account secure. It will help keep all your online experiences safe and secure.
- Monarch Community Bank will never solicit you for passwords, account numbers, or other personal information-if you get an email requesting information contact us at (800) 882-2911;
- Access the online banking Web site by typing www.monarchcb.com into the address bar, rather than clicking links you might see in an email, instant message, or on another web site;
- Check for anything that looks unfamiliar, unprofessional, or out of place to you and;
- Never allow your web browser to save username and passwords.
Secure Your Passwords
- Create strong passwords. These are complex passwords longer than six characters. It should include both upper and lowercase, numbers, and special characters (!,@,#,$, etc.). Create a saying and abbreviate it to help remember the password. For example, My dog Rex can help you remember the password Myd0gRe%;
- Use a different password for each online account;
- Keep your password safe-don’t leave it in a file on your computer or in a sticky note on your monitor;
- Change your passwords at least every 90 days and;
- Never share your password.
Secure Your PC
- Maintain active, up-to-date antivirus, spyware, and firewall protection . Microsoft Security Essentials, and AVG both offer free antivirus protection
- Keep your operating system (Windows XP, for example) browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox) and applications (such as Adobe Reader or iTunes) up to date;
- Exercise caution when computing in public (Airports, Coffee Shops, etc.) Be on the lookout for theft and people looking over your shoulder for usernames and passwords and;
- Only download from trusted sites, and always scan the file for virus first.
Securing Your email:
- Never open attachments unless the sender explicitly notified that they were sending one.
- Never click on a link in a spam message, even the unsubscribe link.
- If any company is asking for personal information (Account Number, Passwords, Usernames, etc) call the company at their listed number on your statement or credit card. Legitimate companies will never ask for that information in an email.
- Delete spam messages when they arrive. Ideally do not even open them.
Securing Your Data
- Backup your data frequently.
- Move Backup data and store in a fireproof safe, or Safe Deposit Box.
- Guard your PIN number.
- Secure your mailbox.
- Shred any documents that contain identifying information before disposing of them.
- Don’t leave credit cards, bank statements, checks, or other financial documents where service workers can find them.
- Sign up for electronic statements.
Monitor your Accounts
- Managing your bank accounts and credit cards online can actually help you protect your identity-log in and check your financial statements regularly.
- If you notice any unauthorized transactions on your Monarch Community Bank accounts, immediately contact us at (800) 882-2911.
- Check your Credit Report annually. Use www.annualcreditreport.com to review your reports from Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.